shipping is disgusting you should all be ashamed of yourselves
I tried a 2-D printer once, and the paper jammed.
So now I just painstakingly re-create my paper copies by hand, like a medieval monk.
i tried using paper, but the edges crumpled
so now i just chisel my commandments into stone, like old testament god
i tried carving in stone, but the chisel chipped
so now I preserve my history and law in oral tradition through generations of trained storytellers
- One of the first women to start her own independent production company.
- Earned her way to stardom without sleeping with executives for roles.
- Refused to date people for publicity just because 20th Century Fox wanted her to.
- Left 20th Century Fox because she refused to let them get away with treating her badly and paying her a tiny wage, just because of her “dumb blonde” image.
- Was only paid a fraction of her co-star’s wage even though she was the star of the movies and the biggest box office pull, but still went ahead with the movies because she was so passionate about acting.
- Studied method acting at the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg, who said that she was one of his best students along with Marlon Brando.
- Had a personal library of over 500 books and rarely read fiction - she was desperate to learn and educate herself.
- Was sexually abused as a child but then went on to encourage the sexual liberation of women in the 1950s.
- One of the first people to speak openly about sexual abuse.
- One of the first people to openly support gay rights.
- Supported many charities such as the Milk Fund, March of Dimes, Arthritis and Rheumatism foundation.
- Donated her time and money to these charities.
- Visited orphanages and hospitals on her own time to surprise the people there.
- Married one of the greatest literary minds of the 20th century
- Suffered two miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy and still put on a brave face for her fans.
Sorry, did you say she wasn’t a role model?
marilyn is my biggest role model so don’t even go there
and let’s not forget this
Ella Fitzgerald was not allowed to play at the popular Mocambo, in Hollywood, because of her race. Marilyn, who loved her music and supported civil rights, called the owner of the Mocambo and told him that if he booked Ella immediately, she would take a front table every night. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. After that, Ella never had to play in a small jazz club again.
"She was an unusual woman – a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it." - Ella Fitzgerald about Marilyn Monroe
OH SHIT YOU JUST GOT SERVED
I got goosebumps reading this. Amazing.
im pretty sure the person made the picture as a joke just to get a reaction and you guys really supplied them with one hell of one omg bless it
men took my little pony away from us girls so us teen girls are takin pro wrestling fuck yall just try n stop us
have fun fetishizing the shit out of *real life* celebrities. it actually makes the people who sexualize the shit out of children’s cartoons seem normal.
did you just imply being attracted to actual real human males isn’t normal but wanting to fuck cartoon horses is
I need to reblog this again because it still makes me laugh
Anonymous asked: Oh, well. I am the bored anon. I knew you were gonna answer that. You don't take criticism, you take hate and snap it back. I sent a bitchy message, didn't I? But I stick to my opinion, you are very talented, you paint very well, and I've seen your uni shit, but your fanart is just static and boring. Why? I don't mean to play the passive-agressive game here, but I just had to say it in a way that actually grips your attention.
it kind of does look like a passive-agressive game though..? a little bit.
Either way, what out of your previous message was ‘criticism’? You said you didn’t like it and it was boring, you did not say a single thing on WHY you think so, WHAT exactly seems boring to you (now you mentioned it’s static, that’s at least something), and HOW I could possibly improve it. All you did was throwing some ‘boring’ to my face, that’s it.
In my opinion, criticism is supposed to help someone in something, but I also think people should learn that not every negative opinion is criticism an artist\writer\anyone MUST listen to. What you did and how you worded it wasn’t exactly helpful.
Futhermore, do you think I don’t know it? Or do you think I am satisfied with my drawings on the level they are now? You said my art “hasn’t changed much, so it’s kinda boring to you”, but if I can agree to the ‘boring’ part, I don’t think it hasn’t changed. It might not have changed the way YOU would want it to, but it doesn’t mean it didn’t. Because honestly, I would kindly tell you where to go if you told me that it didn’t move at all. maybe not much, but still I’m not at the point where I was at the beginning.
I know I still have A LOT to learn and I know that my drawings aren’t dynamic enough, I don’t know anatomy well enough, I can’t draw ‘impressive stuff’. I know, thank you. I don’t think I need you to remind me about it.
Give people time. I’m not talking only about me right here, but about all the learning artists who get ‘criticism’. IF you chose to criticise something, at least bother enough to write down arguments. ‘Boring’ isn’t enough really.
AND, after writing down criticism do not expect someone to improve immediately. JUST because you said you don’t like something in someone’s style or art a) doesn’t mean they must change it to your satisfaction, because THEY might like the thing; b) even if they listened to you it doesn’t mean they will get on the next level in one go. It always takes time.
In my case, as I said, I agree it’s boring. Really, I do. I hate it the majority or time and I hate the fact that I am yet unable to do stuff the way I would want it to turn out. I’m lacking skill, but I’m still learning. Nor you nor me can expect it to happen sooner than it originally would. So..I draw, I wait.
Also I don’t think it’s too much problem to get off something you don’t like here on tumblr. No one is asking you to like a thing.